4/28/11

Casting

Some of us, myself included, began reading Harry Potter after the movies started to come out (I believe I started reading the books after the second or third movie). If you didn't start reading the books until after the movies started to come out, then you have probably always pictured every character, such as Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as the actors portraying them. When I read the books, I to agreed with the casting that was done for the movies, especially in the first two movies (the actors looked exactly like the description of the characters). The actors fit the roles perfectly, and now, although they don't look quite as much as the book description as they used to, they are still perfect for the movies. I feel like they have become the Harry Potter roles to some extent. One thing I do wish would be a part of Daniel Radcliffe's Harry Potter role is that they would give Daniel Radcliffe green contacts so that his eyes would be the same color as his mother's, Lily, did. He could also have messier hair, but that's not as important. I do absolutely love all the actors chosen for the movies. My views could be tainted by the fact that I was introduced to HP through the movies. What do you think about the casting?

Links for videos of the actors talking about their casting:

3 comments:

  1. I read your post... and I gave up on the HP books but I will take your side and agree that the casting was and is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok here it is.... college quidditch played by real colleges... crazy stuff
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=mccluskey/090722

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it cara!
    ~Alex

    ReplyDelete